Friday, September 30, 2011

You are traffic


I was driving one day in horrendous traffic, well, I was crawling, I should say, and was getting more and more frustrated at the snail's pace we were moving. 'I'm a busy lady. I have things to do, a meeting to get to. I hate traffic!', I was saying to myself while trying to find some quiet music to calm myself down.

Just then I saw it. Nailed to a wooden telegraph pole was a sign, in red lettering - 'You are traffic'. I thought about it, and smiled. 

Of course, to the person sitting in their car behind me I was just 'traffic'. I was part of the problem. 

When I talk to people in corporations about what can be done to build more trust internally, with customers, in their brand, in their leadership, a common response I hear is 'But we are ok, it's the 'whatever' department that needs this more than we do', or 'You should talk to the customer service team, not marketing or sales'.

I smile, and tell them 'You are traffic'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment